Cosmetic product registration in Australia - Overview
The growing interest in personal care and an increase in disposable incomes have set the market growth for cosmetics high in Australia.
In Australia, cosmetic products are classified as industrial chemicals and are regulated by the Australian Industrial Chemicals Introduction Scheme (AICIS) from July 01, 2020, as the National Regulator of the Importation and Manufacture of Industrial Chemicals in Australia. Earlier, cosmetic products were regulated by the National Industrial Chemicals Notification and Assessment Scheme (NICNAS) Australia.
In case the product’s primary function is sunscreen, such Product is regulated under the Therapeutic Goods and Administration (TGA).
The cosmetics market of Australia is driven by innovation, which demands the manufacturers to align with the current market trends. A lack of knowledge about the market trends may prove to be challenging while trying to gain the market lead. Any deviation from the approved ingredient list and formulation techniques may result in rework or even product recall in some cases, both of which can directly affect the brand value and revenue.
With comprehensive market knowledge of cosmetics Regulatory services in Australia, Freyr supports market entrants to develop and market the products in line with the AICIS and TGA standards. Freyr’s team of Regulatory experts also assists manufacturers with ingredient analysis to make sure the product contains only listed and allowed ingredients.
Cosmetic product registration in Australia - Freyr Expertise
- Support in product classification.
- Formulation review as per the AICIS and Australian poison standards.
- Regulatory Intelligence (RI) services.
- Assessment of cosmetics packaging (label assessment)
- Cosmetic claims review.
- Ingredient categorization.
- Go-to-market Regulatory support.
Cosmetic product registration in Australia - Freyr Advantages
- Comprehensive end-to-end cosmetic Regulatory services in Australia.
- Extensive partner network across the globe.
- A highly qualified team of experts with hands-on experience across all categories of cosmetic products, such as skin care, hair care, baby care, oral care, beauty products, etc.
- Interactions with the Health Authority (HA).
- Local presence in Australia.
- A structured and cost-effective approach to ensure speed-to-market for the cosmetic products.