The ANZ nutraceutical/dietary supplements market is an established yet dynamic market, focusing on product differentiation as the key growth strategy. The market is divided into segments such as dietary supplements, functional food, and functional beverages. The market has intensively innovative product lines that are supported by the rich biodiversity of the region. Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) is a statutory authority in the Australian Government health portfolio, which develops food standards for Australia and New Zealand.
The Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code (the Code) contains several standards that set out requirements for foods sold in Australia and New Zealand. Foods imported into Australia must comply with strict biosecurity requirements and with the Food Standards Code. Food importers are responsible for ensuring that all food they import comply with the relevant standards in the Code. In Australia, the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) regulates complementary medicines (AUST-L). These include herbs, vitamins, nutraceuticals/nutritional supplements, and natural health supplements.
Freyr, over the years, has acquired in-depth knowledge about food safety regulations and food safety standards in Australia and provides professional assistance for classification of food products, novel food registration, label & claims review, ingredient analysis, and complementary medicine application.
- Food Product Classification
- Food Supplements Registration in Australia
- Formula Review/Ingredients Assessment
- Label and Claims Review
- Claims Consultation and Substantiation
- Regulatory Strategy
- Regulatory Support Report
- Periodic Updates on the Product-specific Regulatory Guidelines/Standards
- Novel Food Registration and Enquiry Submission
- Import Guidance
- Regulatory Advice for Complementary Medicines
- Product Listing on the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG) or Product’s Recipient Change Post the Listing
- Review or Preparation of Nutrition Information Requirements